Monday, September 29, 2014

I've been inspired! We're back!

Well, I'm back!

Today I saw a few friends share their blogs, and it got me thinking... why haven't I gotten back to our blog?! Did anyone really actually ever read it?! Who knows, but hey, for out of town family and friends, it's here, and for me, it's a way to look back on what's been going on because we all know as a busy mom, you sure do forget a lot!

My goal is at least a weekly entry.... can you all hold me accountable to that? Thanks! 

Last time I blogged, Elliette wasn't even around...... so let me catch ya'll up quickly! 

Elliette Marie was born June 9th after a crazy long but amazingly empowering labor. We did have a CBAC (cesarean birth after cesarean) because of distress which we later learned was due to a very short cord. She's been an amazing addition to our family! She's almost 2.5 and a spunky, funny, daring little lady! She sure does challenge us! 

Graceyn and Ellie get along great most of the time. As two girls 2 years apart, they do fight, but they also are close enough in age that they play well together and are interested in the same things. Great age gap in my opinion!! 

Thomas was laid off from Stream in April, and after a few months being unemployed, began a new venture at CSI in Sioux City as a network engineer. He also is a full time student! He loves his new job and is very happy there! 

I've been doing marketing part time for LeGrand & Company, which is a real estate company. I'm in the market for a full time job now that Graceyn's in school and Ellie is in a wonderful daycare. Hopefully I'll have news on that in a few days :D 

Gracyen started pre-school in August and loves it! She goes four days a week and especially enjoys riding the bus! Elliette goes to Pams (where I went as a child!) and it's awesome! I am thrilled for her to be there. 

I also am a student!! (See, I told you we were busy!) I'm in school (online) for my Masters in Professional Counseling degree, which will then allow me to become a Licensed Mental Health Counselor. My anticipated graduation is for December of 2017. After that, who knows.. I would LOVE to work with moms who have experienced birth trauma, loss, or marital issues related to having kids. 

After my birth experience with Graceyn, I set out to become a birth doula and let me tell you, it's one of the most rewarding things!!!! I have attended 16 births in the last 14 months, and enjoy every minute of it, even the exhaustion after a long hard labor with a mom :D Because of this, I've made some incredible friends and business partners and am so happy to be a part of the small birth community here in Siouxland. I promise an upcoming post that is all about what a Doula is and what I do for women, because I am sure most of you do not know what I just said! 

Time to head to pick up the kiddos, until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment